The festive season is all about celebrating with family and friends and stuffing your face with food…and lots of it! Before you know it, you’ve eaten everything but the kitchen sink and your bank balance is sitting dangerously low. But, hey, it's the holidays!
As 2022 approaches, it's the perfect time to reset and start making better choices. We've put together a round-up of our fave tasty lunch options that will keep you and your bank account nice and healthy.
There are a million and one ways to eat good food and still stay in the shape you desire. It's impossible to tell you all of them without boring you, though. Instead, we'll just tell you to visit World Square, your hip locale for exciting dining experiences. It has just about any cuisine you can think of.
See what tickles your taste buds and what makes your bank account happy.
1. Lunch Box from Georgie Boy's Coffee & Co - $14.00 Nobody does it like Georgie Boy’s. Capturing the hearts of coffee lovers, Georgie Boy’s Coffee also serves delicious breakfast and lunches. Whether you’re on the go or want to sit down its up to you. You can choose from their protein-filled meals like Grilled Chicken Breast and a side salad from their salad bar. Who says staying healthy has to be expensive?
Brave the narrow road between Goulburn and Pitt at the Ground, and you'll find Georgie and his boys ready to serve.
2. Tasmanian Salmon Salad Box from Sushi Hub - $9.80 No devil in this box. Just devilishly healthy nutrients to fulfil your needs. Sushi Hub is very open about what allergens are in their meal. This particular salad box has sesame seeds and fish & fish roe. Dig in if it's safe to eat! Dive deeper to the World Square's Lower Ground to catch this super salmon for lunch.
3. Salmon Nigiri Box from Hero Sushi - $13.00 Another salmon? Well, why not! Rich in Omega3, fish is a great healthy option for a quick and easy lunch. It’s always hard to be motivated when you return from holidays so fuel up with some brainfood, ready to tackle 3:30itis!
4. The Gardens' Salad from The Gardens - $10.90 The Gardens’ Salad is packed with all the good stuff: Sweet Potato, Beetroot, Corn, Lentil Salad With Goats Cheese, Parsley And Preserved Lemon And Seeded Mustard. Start your healthy diet journey on the right foot. The Gardens is located on the Ground floor and is open for takeaway and/or delivery.
5. Namtok Noodles Soup from Abb Air Thai- $12.90 Who says healthy food has to be bland? Abb Air Thai begs to differ! Their Namtok Noodle Soup offers a choice of rice noodles in rich herb soup with stewed pork/beef and vegetables, and it’s only $12.90! Talk about a win-win-win! And not only does Abb Air create delicious and decadent flavours, but their dishes are also made with premium ingredients with a sprinkle of love and a spoonful of passion. Abb Air Thai is located on the Lower Ground floor.
6. Caribbean Green Smoothie from Boost Juice Need a quick pick me up after all the heavy holiday roasts? Boost Juice has just the blend for you. Their Caribbean Green Smoothie has all the ingredients needed for you to get back on the healthy track: Passionfruit, Coconut Milk, Spinach, Coconut Water, Mango Nectar, Mango, Banana. Did we mention that it’s Dairy Free, Gluten Free AND Low Fat?
7. Slim Grin Veggie Juice from Top Juice Can’t shake the effect of that New Year hangover? We’ve got a green juice that’ll make you feel like it’s 1998 again. Top Juice’s Slim Grin Veggie Juice is made with Kale, Spinach, Celery and Apple- aka all the things you wish you had for lunch but can’t be bothered to. Get these healthy options in one delicious green package! Top Juice is located at the Lower Ground Floor
8. Guilt Free Simply Grill'd burger from Grill'd - $11.50 They aren't like your typical burger joints. They make their patties with their signature relish and herbs. The beef in this Simply Grill'd burger is grass-fed. Top that with herbed mayo? Delish! Choose your bun: Panini, Low Carb Superbun, or Gluten-free Bun. March your way down Pitt Street at WSQ Ground to avail.